Associate Degree in Health Information Technology
Growing Job Market & Attractive Careers
The field of health information technology is growing! Consider the following statistics:
- Jobs are expected to increase by 10-14 percent by the year 2026—faster than the average for all other occupations.1
- The industry is experiencing a shortage of qualified employees.2
Bryan University can put you on the path to success, giving you the education, skills, and confidence needed to qualify for a great career.
With an estimated 15,800 job openings through the year 2026, example occupations may include:
- Health Information Technician – perform computer and manual technical and organizational activities with medical records.
- Medical Records Technician – work to organize, monitor, update and maintain healthcare providers’ electronic medical records.
- DRG Validator – perform quality reviews of records coded by the coding staff.
- HIM Revenue Auditor – responsible for identifying areas of non-compliance in both the areas of coding, charge capture and revenue cycle data collection practices.
- Quality Improvement Analyst – responsible for core measures such as patient safety, patient satisfaction and employee utilization while performing necessary database and statistical analyses for improving patient outcomes and reducing costs.
- Reimbursement and Insurance Manager – responsible for the day-to-day management of the reimbursement department.
- Insurance Claims Analyst – review insurance policy to determine coverage, prepare insurance claim forms, calculate claim amounts, and transmit claims for payment or further investigation.
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Diverse Employment Settings
With a degree from Bryan University, career opportunities may include:
- Physician Offices
- College Health Departments
- Home Health Agencies
- Mental Health Facilities
- Public Health Agencies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Law Firms
- Insurance Companies
- Health Product Vendors
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Correctional Facilities
- IT Companies
- Rehabilitation Facilities
- Surgery Centers
- Administrative Offices
- Grant-Making Organizations
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting opportunities, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.