Financial Aid & Scholarships

Invest in your future.

Request Information

By submitting this form, I agree that Bryan University may contact me regarding educational services via email, telephone, text message, or automated technology at the email address and phone numbers provided. I understand this consent is not required to enroll. For more information, please call: 1-888-721-9773.

Your pursuit of higher education is one of the most important investments you’ll make. And once you’ve decided to take your future to the next level, your first step in financing your education starts with self-reliance – exploring personal and family resources for funding your dreams. After you’ve identified your personal resources, the next step is to investigate federal and state financial aid opportunities, as well as other financial assistance programs that can supplement your financing.

At Bryan University, we can help you take full advantage of all financing that’s available to you. Since every student’s financial situation is unique, we will assign you an individual Financial Aid Advisor to assist you in determining your financing options and to help you finalize an affordable financial plan that works for you. It’s your education and your future–but it often takes the help of many, from family to taxpayers to banks, to help you fund it. And as you pay off your loans and pay your taxes, you’ll be giving back to the system too, ensuring that others like you can make their dreams come true. The investment starts now, and the rewards last a lifetime.  Learn more about financing options and financial aid.
Financial Options

Many Bryan University students receive financial aid to complete their respective program. As a student, you may be qualified for financing options such as federal loans, federal and state grants and private financing. Below is a brief description of some of the financial aid programs available for those who qualify.

Federal Title IV Programs

Federal Grants

  • Pell Grants are issued to qualified students based upon financial need. Award amount is determined based on the cost of attendance of the program you choose to pursue.
  • Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG) are awarded to students based upon financial need, discretion of the University and availability of funds.

Federal Stafford Loans

  • Unsubsidized Stafford loans are issued to qualified students and accrue principal and interest during a student’s enrollment at the University. Upon graduation, repayment generally begins after a six-month grace period. Repayment terms vary.
  • Subsidized Stafford Loans are also issued to qualified students and accrue only principal during a student’s enrollment at the University. Upon graduation, repayment generally begins after a six-month grace period. Repayment terms vary.

Federal Plus Loans

  • Federal Plus Loans are issued to undergraduate students based on a parent’s credit, or for graduate students based upon the student’s credit. The parent is responsible for principle and interest repayment for undergraduate Plus loans, while the student is responsible for repayment of graduate Plus loans.

Private Loans and Scholarships

In addition to Federal Financial Aid assistance, you may wish to pursue and apply for financing through private student loans and scholarships. Private loans are typically provided by a bank based upon credit history and may require a co-signer. Private scholarships are typically offered by businesses, special interest groups and various non-profit organizations. We encourage all students to research these options.

Military Benefits

Bryan University is approved to participate in the GI Bill® educational benefit programs for active duty military personnel, veterans and their families. If you are an active duty member or veteran of the military, Bryan University will assist you in determining your educational military benefits. For additional information and a complete listing of military educational benefit options, please visit our Military Student Resources page.

Federal Work-Study Grant (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study program provides jobs for graduate and undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work related to the student’s course of study. Funds under this program are limited and do not have to be repaid. Students who participate in the Work Study program work part-time on- or off-campus. Work study provides great opportunities for gaining true work experience, learning budgeting skills, and networking with professionals inside and outside the Bryan University community.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Financial Aid Application Timeline: Bryan University has continuous enrollment for all programs offered, therefore students may apply for funding at any point during the enrollment process prior to the start of class, on any and all enrollment periods.

Prior to applying for Financial Aid, we recommend you begin the admissions process and complete an interview with an admissions representative, after which you’ll be assigned a Bryan University Financial Aid Officer (FAO). Your FAO will provide you with a financial aid overview, including the documents required to complete a financial aid application, important deadlines and the steps required to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once you complete and submit your FAFSA application, your FAO will contact you and explain, in detail, the programs you qualify for.The steps to complete the financial aid application include:

Step 1: Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN at

Step 2: Complete the FAFSA application at using the Bryan University School Code: 007164. Once complete, you will receive an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) report.

Step 3: Bryan University will also receive and review an official Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education that includes your EFC. Your Bryan University FAO will contact you to review this report with you, explain your options, and finalize a financial plan.

For more detailed information on the Federal Financial Aid Process, please contact a Bryan University Financial Aid Officer by calling 1-877-484-8850, emailing or please visit our FAQ section below.

Privacy and Confidentiality

Bryan University keeps all of your personal, financial and identifying information strictly confidential. To this end, we ask for a personal identifier such as your social security number whenever you contact us for information. This is done not merely for our convenience, but as a protective measure to safeguard your information. Furthermore, federal FERPA laws govern and restrict the information we can give to others (parents, for instance).

Resources and FAQS

Bryan University strives to make completing the Financial Aid Application process as simple as possible. In addition to personal assistance from your Financial Aid Officer, we have provided a list of resources and frequently asked questions below that will help you through this process.


FAFSA Home Page:
Bryan University School Code: 007164
Link to complete your Master Promissory Note:
Informational site on educational funding sources:
Bryan University Financial Aid contact information:
Phone: 1-877-484-8850
Fax: 1-213-483-3936


  1. How do I know if I qualify to receive Federal Financial Aid?
    The following is a general list of the requirements:
    • You must be a United States citizen or eligible noncitizen of the United States with a valid Social Security Number (SSN).
    • You must have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate.
    • You must enroll in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate.
    • You must be making satisfactory academic progress.
    • If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25, you must register or already be registered with Selective Service. You must also register if you are not currently on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces. If you are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands or the Republic of Palau you are exempt from registering (see for more information).
    • If you have been convicted for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, loans, or work-study), you must complete the Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet to determine if you are eligible for aid or partially eligible for aid.
    • You must not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal education loan.
    • You must have financial need (except for unsubsidized Stafford Loans).Other requirements may apply. For additional information, please speak to your Bryan University FAO.
  2. What is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)?
    The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family’s financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by law. Your family’s taxed and untaxed income, assets, and benefits (such as unemployment or Social Security) are all considered in the formula. Also considered are your family size and the number of family members who will attend college or career school during the year.The information you report on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or your FAFSA4caster is used to calculate your EFC. Bryan University uses the EFC to determine your federal student aid eligibility and financial aid award.Note: Your EFC is not the amount of money your family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid you will receive. It is a number used by Bryan University to calculate the amount of federal student aid you are eligible to receive.

    For more information about the EFC, see Funding Education Beyond High School: The Guide to Federal Student Aid at:

  3. What documents do I need to complete a FAFSA Application?
    You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents’ income information if you are a dependent student.For the 2011-2012 school year you will need financial information from 2010. You may need to refer to:
    • Your Social Security number.
    • Your driver’s license (if applicable).
    • Your 2010 W-2 forms and other records of money earned.
    • Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2010 Federal Income Tax Return.
    • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ.
    • Foreign Tax Return, or
    • Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau.
    • Your Parents’ 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student).
    • Your 2010 untaxed income records.
    • Your current bank statements.
    • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records.
    • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).To organize your information, you can print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online. However, you are not required to do so. Select this link to download or display a 2011-2012 FAFSA on the Web Worksheet in PDF format.
  4. What happens after I submit the FAFSA Application?
    After you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). If a valid e-mail address is on file for you, you will receive an e-mail, within 3 to 5 days, with instructions on how to access an online copy of your SAR. If there is not a valid e-mail address on file, your SAR will be mailed to you via postal mail within 7 to 10 days.If the e-mailed link for your SAR does not work, try copying the full URL link from the e-mail sent to you, paste it into the address or location line of your web browser and hit “Enter”.TIP: Make sure you copy and paste the entire link; this may appear as multiple lines in your e-mail.

    Bryan University will also receive your information electronically as soon your FAFSA is processed.

    If your application is complete, an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) will display on your SAR. If your application is incomplete, your SAR will not include an EFC, but it will display text that specifies any issues that need to be resolved. If your FAFSA is incomplete:

    • Make corrections to your FAFSA by clicking “Start Here” on the home page to log in to FAFSA on the Web. Click “Make FAFSA Corrections”, enter your PIN, and add or correct the information that caused your FAFSA to be incomplete. Submit your corrections.
    • Add or correct information on your paper SAR, sign it, and mail it to the address provided.
  5. How often do I have to apply for Federal Student Aid and how is this done?
    You must apply for federal student aid for every school year that you attend. To reapply, you should submit another Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the new school year. If you submitted a FAFSA last year, and you are eligible to complete a Renewal FAFSA, you may choose to have most of the questions pre-filled with the information you provided. Simply updating the information for the new school year on a Renewal FAFSA may be faster. However, the Renewal FAFSA is available solely for your convenience. If you prefer to start fresh with a new FAFSA, you are free to do so.To reapply:
  6. What is a Personal Identification Number (PIN)?
    The Personal Identification Number (PIN) serves as your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. It’s like the PIN you get from your bank that permits you to access your account. The PIN also allows you to sign your federal student aid application online and allows you to correct your application data online.In the interest of keeping your personal information secure, do not share your PIN with others and be sure to keep your PIN in a safe place.
  7. How can I use my PIN?
    A Federal Student Aid PIN can be used for many federal student aid activities, such as:
    • Electronically sign a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
    • Renew your FAFSA (if you applied last year).
    • Make corrections to a processed FAFSA.
    • View and Print your electronic Student Aid Report (SAR).
    • Access the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at to view your financial aid information if you have previously received student financial aid.
    • Access the Direct Loan Servicing System at (if you have Direct Loans).
    • Access the Direct Loan Consolidation website at
    • Complete Entrance Counseling at
    • Complete PLUS Request Process at
    • Electronically sign a Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.govFor any other questions related to financial aid or financing options, please contact a Bryan University Financial Aid Officer by calling 1-877-484-8850 or emailing
Net Price Calculator

Go to Net Price Calculator Here

Request Information

By submitting this form, I agree that Bryan University may contact me regarding educational services via email, telephone, text message, or automated technology at the email address and phone numbers provided. I understand this consent is not required to enroll. For more information, please call: 1-888-721-9773.

Scroll to Top