Bryan University Logo

Military Benefits

Serving Those Who Serve

military soldier saluting the flag

Request Information

Committed to Serving U.S. Military Students & Their Families

Bryan University has dedicated Military Benefit Liaisons in the Financial Aid Office to assist Service members in determining eligibility for discounts and other financial aid options.

For assistance, Service members are encouraged to contact Financial Aid directly through the methods below:

betzy winters portrait
Sr. Liaison: Betzy Winters
Veterans Program Manager, Bryan University

Tuition & Fees

The Veterans Administration will pay for a portion of tuition and fees, based on a number of items, including your state of residence and years of service, among other factors. Please visit the VA website for a current schedule of tuition and fees.

How to Apply for GI Bill® Benefits

Note that GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

The process to apply for military education benefits consists of the following steps:

  1. Obtain a Certificate of Release/Discharge, Report of Separation, or Record of Service.

  2. Apply for benefits through the VA.  Note that you may apply online or by filling out a paper application.  If you need assistance completing your application, please contact a Bryan University Financial Aid Officer by calling 1-888-768-6861, or contact a VA Education Case Manager at 1-888-GIBill1.

  3. Obtain a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA and send it to your Financial Aid Officer at Bryan University.

  4. Complete the Bryan University admissions process.

After you attend your first class at Bryan University, your Financial Aid officer will process and certify your enrollment dates through the Veterans Affairs Office.

For additional information, including a complete listing of military educational benefit options available to you, visit, or contact a Bryan University Admissions Representative at 1-888-768-6861.

Veteran/Military Transfer Credit

Transfer credits from regionally or nationally accredited post-secondary institutions, as recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), may be accepted as courses for transfer into undergraduate, graduate degree, and certification programs. The approval of transfer credits is at the sole discretion of Bryan University.

Official transcripts must be submitted for evaluation as part of the enrollment process. For Bryan University’s 100 percent online programs, active-duty service members may be required to complete up to 30 percent of the program online to satisfy academic residency requirements (up to 25 percent requirement for residential programs). In addition, Bryan transfer credits may be approved for completion of formal military courses as recommended through official transcripts (Army/ACE Registry Transcript System, Community College of Air Force, Sailor/Marine/ACE Registry Transcript, Registry of Credit Recommendations, or National Registry for Training Programs). Credits will be applied as approved by the Office of the Registrar. Credit may also be given for completion of approved examinations, including CLEP, DSST, and ECE as outlined in the ACE guide to Educational Credit by Examination.

Military Service Appreciation Discounts

Bryan University is honored to support Active Duty military personnel and Veterans of the U.S. Military and their families in achieving their education and career goals. We have instituted special tuition discounts and rates exclusively to help make educational opportunities affordable for those who have served our country and for family members who have supported those efforts. Bryan University is also a designated Veteran Supportive Campus through the Arizona Department of Veterans' Services (ADVS).

Once you begin the admissions process by completing the Request Info form above, Bryan University will assign you a Financial Aid Officer to assist in designing a financial plan that fits your needs as well as determining your eligibility for financial benefits, including the following:

  • Receive a discounted tuition rate of $250 per semester credit or $167 per quarter credit for undergraduate students, and $400 per semester credit for graduate students, in addition to waiving your registration fee.

  • Receive a $500 tuition discount per academic year of successful enrollment, in addition to waiving your registration fee (maximum discount is $1,500 per associate degree or master’s degree, and $3,000 per bachelor’s degree).

  • Receive a $300 tuition discount per academic year of successful enrollment, in addition to waiving your registration fee (maximum discount is $900 per associate degree or master’s degree, and $1,800 per bachelor’s degree).

Veterans and Active Duty Funding Sources

Depending on your length of military service, eligibility, and other factors, below are examples of funding sources you may be eligible for that can assist you in paying for your education. These are provided for informational purposes only.

  • The Post-9/11 GI Bill® is available for individuals who served on active duty for at least 90 aggregate days on or after September 11, 2001 and are still serving or were honorably discharged from active duty, released from active duty and placed on the retired or temporary disability retired list, released from active duty and transferred to the Fleet Reserve/Fleet Marine Corps Reserve or released for further service in a reserve component of the Armed Forces. You may receive up to 36 months of assistance covering up to 100% paid tuition. The amount received is based upon the length of the service given. In addition, you are entitled to a monthly housing allowance and a yearly stipend for books and supplies.  To find out more about the Post-9/11 GI Bill® and your qualifying amount, visit the United States Department of Veteran Affairs. Note that GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

    This benefit may also transfer unused Post 9/11 GI Bill® (TEB) benefits to your spouse or children generally after 10 years of military service or 6 years of completed service and a commitment for an additional 4 years. Get more information about TEB benefits.

  • The Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty is available to those who entered active duty after June 30, 1985, have been honorably discharged, have a high school diploma or GED, and had military pay reduced for this specific benefit. Up to 36 months of assistance is available and is valid for 10 years after active military service. Find out more about the Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty.

  • The Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve is available to those who are a member of the Selected Reserve, which includes: Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve, Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Eligibility for this program requires a six-term commitment signed after June 30, 1985, completion of your initial active duty for training (IADT), receipt of a high school diploma or equivalent before completing IADT and remaining in good standing while serving in the Selected Reserve. Up to 36 months of assistance is available and eligibility usually ends the day you leave the Selected Reserve. Get additional information on the Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve.

  • The Reserve Education Assistance Program is available to certain reservists who were called or ordered to active military service in response to a national emergency or war after September 11, 2001. Eligibility for this program requires a minimum of 90 consecutive days of service unless injured or became ill while in the line of duty. Up to 36 months of assistance is available with an award amount between 40% and 80% of the Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty rate. Get additional information on REAP.

  • The Veterans Educational Assistance Program is available to those who entered the military after January 1, 1977, did not enter into a contract with the Armed Forces under a delayed entry program and elected to contribute to this benefit program. Contributions to the benefit will be matched by the Government on a 2:1 basis. Up to 36 months of benefits are available depending on the number of monthly contributions to the program. This benefit must be used within 10 years from the date of release of active duty or the contribution amount will be automatically refunded. Get additional information on VEAP.

  • The Survivors and Dependents Assistance program is available to dependents of qualified veterans. To qualify, you must be a son, daughter or spouse of a veteran who died or was disabled while on active duty or if the veteran is considered Missing in Action (MIA) or captured while in active service. If you are a son or daughter of the veteran, this benefit must be used between the ages of 18 and 26. If you are the spouse of this veteran, eligibility will last up to 10 or 20 years following your eligibility date. View details on Survivors and Dependents Assistance.