Bryan University is proud to announce that we have received an Above and Beyond Silver level Aetna Workplace Well-being Award. As an employer with a strong commitment to improving the health of our employees, we feature a comprehensive well-being strategy that our employees are passionate about. This award is the culmination of our employees’ desire to live healthier, more active lives and make well-being a priority.
The BU Office of Employee Excellence has dedicated time and resources to developing programs to provide employees with support, resources, and learning opportunities. BU provides employees with monthly wellness lunch-and-learns on a variety of wellness topics. In addition, BU offers a range of employee benefits, including health insurance plans, employer-paid life insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, a matching 401(k) plan, and a tuition waiver plan.
“I’m proud to be part of a company that emphasizes well-being,” says Eric Evans, President. “Even with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have continued to put our employees’ health as a top priority. Our well-being program is as much a part of our culture as the education services we provide.”
The award application and well-being program was honored based upon BU’s superior performance in the following areas:
- Increasing employee culture and moral.
- Providing a well-being budget with incentive rewards.
- Providing alternative, virtual means to engage employees during COVID-19.
“Congratulations to Bryan University” says Candice Cutler, Sr. Wellness Strategy Consultant at Aetna. “This recognition shows how they have continued to emphasize the importance of employee well-being in addition to addressing the COVID-19 challenges. We’re proud to be partnered with Bryan University”.
About the Award
- Employers complete the award application using data from their most recent 12-month program year. This includes information on their well-being strategy and design, communications and organizational engagement, and program implementation and evaluation.
- Available to Aetna middle market and public and labor employer segments in the United States with a minimum of 100 employees. This includes fully-insured and self-funded employers with an Aetna medical plan.
- A peer review committee made up of well-being professionals with an average of 25 years of experience reviewed and scored all applications based on pre-defined criteria.