Associate Degree in Court Reporting
With advances in learning technologies like RealTime Coach, a realtime court reporting learning tool, there’s never been a better time to get your education in the cutting-edge, online environment that Bryan University offers.
In our interactive classrooms, you’ll learn from successful deposition and judicial reporters. Using the industry’s pre-eminent realtime reporting learning tools, you’ll be challenged with real-world court reporting circumstances and situations. And you’ll get the faculty support you need to solve each and every challenge with confidence. It’s the technical training and individualized instruction you need to prepare for the court reporting career of your dreams—and then, upon graduation, to go out and get it.
Gain the Skills Employers Need
In our interactive, cutting-edge online classrooms, your court reporting courses include:
- Comprehensive curriculum that prepares graduates to specialize in either court reporting, deposition reporting, broadcast captioning for TV, realtime writing or CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation).
- National certification preparation for exams offered by NCRA, including the Registered Professional Reporter (RPR), Certified Broadcast Captioner (CBC), or Certified CART Provider (CCP).
- One certification exam attempt is included in the program tuition!
- In-depth instruction on the use of Computer-Aided Transcription (CAT) software and next-generation court reporting technologies.
- Extensive training to develop typing skills while learning to produce and transcribe legal forms and deposition documents.
Engaging, Live Online Classes
As a Bryan student, you’ll attend live virtual classes over the internet where you can see, speak and chat with your instructors and classmates from the comfort of your home. Plus, with an exciting student-centric website, you can access homework, practice exercises and class information anytime. At Bryan, we don’t think online learning means learning alone. This is why we provide you with individual faculty and mentor support, so you experience learning with the best.
Unlike any other online court reporting program, ours features a state-of-the-art simulation lab leveraging RealTime Coach, an experiential tool that provides instant feedback and adaptive learning to help students increase speed levels rapidly and find success via deliberate practice.
A Court Reporting Program Like No Other
Our nationally accredited and renowned associate’s degree program gives you the comprehensive, hands-on training you need to prepare for a successful stenography career. You can choose to specialize in court reporting, broadcast captioning for TV, or CART reporting. Students who complete our court reporting program will be prepared for both state and national certification and licensing requirements.
The Bryan University Difference
- Long-Standing History of Excellence.
We have a 75-year proven track record of preparing graduates for successful careers since 1940.
- Focus on Employment, Not Just a Degree.
You’ll graduate with a degree targeted for an in-demand job market and earn skills that match employers’ needs. Work with the Career Services Department to build a job network, sharpen your interview skills, and create an eye-catching resume.
- Accelerated Programs.
At Bryan University, we’ve developed a unique approach to education that allows you to complete your program in the shortest amount of time possible, while still providing the top-notch curriculum, faculty, and support to ensure your success.
- Get the Credit You Deserve.
If you apply to Bryan University with prior college credits and/or a degree, we’ll accept as many credits as possible to validate the hard work you’ve already completed.
- Learn by Doing, Not Just Lectures.
You’ll develop skills and competencies using some of the most innovative, state-of-the-art learning curriculum, tools, and resources available.
- Learn From Experts, Not Just Books.
Each faculty member has been carefully selected to ensure they have extensive industry experience. They provide caring, individualized support and mentoring.
- Connect With Others, Not Just the Internet.
Whether you’re an online or on campus student, you’ll learn collaboratively with faculty and peers to build a network of colleagues—for life.
- Return for Refresher Classes.
As a Bryan graduate, you’ll have the privilege of returning and auditing previously completed courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills and confidence sharp.
A member of our student finance team will help you put together a financial plan that works for you. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
- Accredited and Certified.
Bryan University’s court reporting program is accredited by ACICS and certified by the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA).