Seize The Opportunity In A Growing Industry
Careers for health and fitness professionals and personal trainers are expected to grow through the year 2026 at a rate of 10 percent (faster than average) with projected job openings of 54,800 in the US.1
- Career Outlook
- Program Overview
- Why Bryan?
Looking for a career where you can stay fit and change lives? A personal training and professional fitness career provides both. It all starts with the right skills, knowledge and credentials, which Bryan University’s programs give you. We fast track you to success – so you can launch your career and start making a difference sooner.
Employment Opportunities Abound
Health and fitness professionals, exercise specialists, and certified personal trainers have a range of opportunities for employment. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there’s a work environment for all personality types. Examples include:
- Sports and athletic teams
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
Attractive Income & Careers
In the growing field of personal training, exercise, and fitness, an education from Bryan University can put you on the path to varied job opportunities in a rewarding field. As a certified fitness professional, each day provides the opportunity to enhance the health and well-being of others in careers such as:
- Certified Personal Trainer – become a certified personal trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as part of the Bryan University curriculum. If you already received an ACSM or NASM credential, you may qualify for transfer credit and a tuition discount.
- Group Fitness Instructor/Group Exercise Instructor – conduct effective group exercise classes for various modalities offered at fitness centers.
- Sports Performance Coach/Athletic Conditioning for individuals – design resistance training and cardiovascular exercise prescriptions for athletes to achieve performance-oriented goals. Provide motivation and corrective feedback.
- Corrective Exercise Trainer – conduct health screenings and physical fitness assessments of clients who have experienced an injury and who have been medically released for independent physical activity.
Valuable Skills Employers and Entrepreneurs Need
With accreditation by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), Bryan University is dedicated to maintaining standards in education. But that’s just the beginning.
The programs at Bryan University are based on current competencies outlined by national certification organizations such as ACSM and NASM, and in partnership with Personal Training Academy Global (PTA Global), so you can be assured of learning the skills employers need. You’ll have the option to earn a certificate, associate degree, or bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science and Professional Fitness Training with the option to take your courses online so you can study from the comfort of home. Combine this with professional third-party fitness certifications and you’ll have the skills that employers need.
A Bryan University education includes the following benefits and competencies, among others:
- Personal training and group exercise certifications are included with the program tuition
- All books, technology, and courseware are included with the program tuition
- Start and finish fast – accelerated programs
- Job placement assistance from our Career Services team
- Core focus on exercise science, fitness, nutrition and personal trainer certification preparation
- Design and implement energy balance and weight management strategies
- Foundational, advanced, and sports-specific exercises and movement patterns
- Effectively perform fitness assessments and develop fitness programs for the general population, athletes, and specialty populations
- Develop and conduct group exercise and small group training programs
- Develop critical business skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s competitive environment
Several Programs to Choose From
Bryan University offers programs at the certificate, associate degree and bachelor’s degree level. All programs are aligned with several industry-leading certifications that you earn as part of the program! The more advanced degree programs provide additional benefits, including:
- Additional specialty certifications (such as group exercise and youth exercise specialist) that are included in the program tuition!
- Accelerated format so you can finish fast – take only the courses you need (no waiting lists or electives)
- Books and materials included – free shipping
- Learn specialty skills such as sports coaching, athlete training, sport and exercise nutrition, gym operations management and leadership, and fitness entrepreneurship
Also, find additional career opportunities such as:
- Certified Personal Trainer for Specialty Populations – learn advanced training techniques for those with disabilities, chronic disease, injuries, youth, and more. Work in a gym setting, as an independent contractor, or self-employed.
- Fitness Educator – help students successfully achieve their program requirements and career competencies.
- Sports Performance Coach – coach a high school sports team or individual athletes by effectively implementing goal-setting, action planning, and communication & motivation strategies.
- Fitness Studio/Gym Owner – be your own boss and run your own gym or fitness studio by utilizing your business acumen and entrepreneurial skills learned in class.
- Exercise Director/Club Manager – open doors of opportunity into managerial positions at commercial fitness centers.
Attend from the Comfort of Home
At Bryan University, we believe that success in the field of personal training, exercise, and fitness demands a different approach to education. That’s why we built a more innovative, interactive learning environment that is personalized to your needs. You’ll receive:
- Live webcam interactions with instructors and experts right from home (webcams provided to all students)
- Collaborative networking with peers
- Adaptive learning using an interactive engine that helps you learn and retain more
- Performance reports to help you track your progress and stay on top
- Timely, targeted coaching and feedback personalized to your needs
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
10 More Reasons to Choose Bryan University
- Tuition Lock Guarantee.
We lock your tuition rate once you enroll, plus your tuition goes down the longer you’re in school. Financial aid available if you qualify.
- Books, Courseware, & Certification Included.
We take care of shipping your textbooks and provide you easy access to electronic courseware. Plus, we help prepare you for nationally-recognized fitness certifications.
- Focus on Employment.
You’ll graduate with a degree targeted for a specific job market and earn skills that match employers’ needs.
- Job Placement Assistance.
As a graduate, you’ll receive career placement services, including job networking best practices, sharpening your interview skills, and creating an eye-catching resume.
- Learn by Doing.
You’ll develop real-world skills by completing simulated job tasks and using industry technologies.
- Return for Refresher Classes.
As a graduate, you’ll have the privilege of auditing previously completed courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills sharp.
- Accelerated Programs.
You can get started – and finish – fast.
- Faculty Who Put You First.
Our faculty provide you with personalized, individual attention and support.
- Welcome Kits Included.
Once you enroll, we provide you a welcome kit package to ensure you’re ready to start school.
- History of Excellence.
We have a 78-year track record of preparing graduates for successful careers since 1940.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/personal-care-and-service/fitness-trainers-and-instructors.htm. Also see http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-9031.00.
School of Distinction
Bryan U’s programs are approved in all 50 states in the U.S.
Bryan University’s programs are approved for veterans and active duty military personnel with G.I. Bill benefits.