Short Form TEST
The benefits of living a healthy lifestyle are numerous and leveraging your passion for exercise and staying in shape into a career is yet another reward. A degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science (APTES) from Bryan University will prepare you for a fulfilling career in one of the fastest growing industries.
Careers for health & fitness professionals and personal trainers are expected to grow through the year 2018 at a rate of 29%—that’s much faster than the average 10% rate of growth for all careers.1 Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Health and fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there’s a work environment for all personality types. The variety of settings are:
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
In this fast-growing, fast-paced industry, a degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science can put you on the path to numerous jobs in a rewarding field. And with job opportunities on the rise, so too are salaries. Fitness trainers and aerobics instructors in the top 10 percent can earn over $60,000 a year. Successful self-employed personal trainers can earn even higher salaries.
Aside from financial rewards, it’s a career where each day provides the opportunity to enhance the health and well-being of others:
- Certified Personal Trainer – prepare to become a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- Group Fitness Instructor/Group Exercise Instructor – conduct a safe and effective group exercise class for various modalities offered at fitness centers.
- Sports Performance Coach/Athletic Conditioning – conduct health screenings of individuals seeking to achieve a performance goal in conjunction with athletics. Design a resistance training and cardiovascular exercise prescription to achieve a performance-oriented goal. Provide motivation and corrective feedback.
- Corrective Exercise Trainer – conduct health screenings and physical fitness assessments of clients who have experienced an injury and who have been medically released for independent physical activity.
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting health and fitness training positions, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.