Bachelor of Science in Professional Fitness Training and Exercise Science
Convert your healthy lifestyle and passion for fitness into a full-time career. With a Bachelor’s Degree from Bryan University in Professional Fitness Training & Exercise Science, you’ll gain a unique competitive edge and prepare for a fulfilling career in a growing industry.
Careers for health and fitness professionals, instructors, and personal trainers are projected to grow through the year 2024 at a rate of 8 percent with projected job openings of 74,900 in the US.1
Earning your degree now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
As a graduate of the bachelor’s degree program, you’ll have the advanced knowledge and skillset to be job-ready for a variety of career opportunities including:
- Certified Personal Trainer for Specialty Populations – learn advanced training techniques for those with disabilities, chronic disease, injuries, youth, and more. Work in a gym setting, as an independent contractor, or self-employed.
- Fitness Educator – help students successfully achieve their program requirements and career competencies.2
- Sports Performance Coach – coach a high school sports team or individual athletes by effectively implementing goal-setting, action planning, and communication & motivation strategies.
- Group Fitness/Exercise Instructor – conduct a safe and effective group exercise class for specialty modalities offered at commercial fitness centers.
- Fitness Studio/Gym Owner – be your own boss and run your own gym or fitness studio by utilizing your business acumen and entrepreneurial skills learned in class.
- Exercise Director/Club Manager – open doors of opportunity into managerial positions at commercial fitness centers.
Health and fitness professionals, coaches and educators have a range of opportunities for employment at the bachelor’s degree level. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there’s a work environment for all personality types. Examples include:
- Commercial gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- High Schools
- Rehabilitation centers
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting career opportunities, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.