Bachelor of Science in Professional Fitness Training and Exercise Science
Convert your healthy lifestyle and passion for fitness into a full-time career. With a Bachelor’s Degree from Bryan University in Professional Fitness Training & Exercise Science, you’ll gain a unique skillset and prepare for a fulfilling career in a growing industry.
Careers for health and fitness professionals, instructors, and personal trainers are projected to grow through the year 2024 at a rate of 8 percent with projected job openings of 74,900 in the US.1
Earning your degree now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
As a graduate of the bachelor’s degree program, you’ll have the advanced knowledge and skillset to be job-ready for career opportunities that may include:
- Certified Personal Trainer for Specialty Populations – learn advanced training techniques for those with disabilities, chronic disease, injuries, youth, and more. Work in a gym setting, as an independent contractor, or self-employed.
- Fitness Educator – help students successfully achieve their program requirements and career competencies.2
- Sports Performance Coach – coach a high school sports team or individual athletes by effectively implementing goal-setting, action planning, and communication & motivation strategies.
- Group Fitness/Exercise Instructor – conduct a safe and effective group exercise class for specialty modalities offered at commercial fitness centers.
- Fitness Studio/Gym Owner – be your own boss and run your own gym or fitness studio by utilizing your business acumen and entrepreneurial skills learned in class.
- Exercise Director/Club Manager – open doors of opportunity into managerial positions at commercial fitness centers.
Health and fitness professionals, coaches and educators may have different opportunities for employment at the bachelor’s degree level. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there are work environments for different personality types. Examples may include:
- Commercial gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- High Schools
- Rehabilitation centers
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting career opportunities, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.