Associate Degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science
The benefits of living a healthy lifestyle are numerous and converting your passion for exercise and fitness into a career is yet another reward. A degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science (APTES) from Bryan University will prepare you for a fulfilling career in a growing industry.
Careers for health and fitness professionals, instructors, and personal trainers are projected to grow through the year 2024 at a rate of 8 percent with projected job openings of 74,900 in the US.1
Preparing now means you’ll be ready for the jobs of the future.
Health and fitness professionals have a range of opportunities for employment. From corporate settings to healthcare facilities to high-energy gyms and fitness centers, there’s a work environment for different personality types, which may include:
- Gyms and fitness facilities
- Corporate fitness centers
- Rehabilitation centers
In this growing industry, a degree in APTES can put you on the path to a fulfilling career field. Aside from financial rewards, it’s a career where each day provides the opportunity to enhance the health and well-being of others in positions such as:
- Certified Personal Trainer – prepare to become a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
- Group Fitness Instructor/Group Exercise Instructor – conduct a safe and effective group exercise class for various modalities offered at fitness centers.
- Sports Performance Coach/Athletic Conditioning – conduct health screenings of individuals seeking to achieve a performance goal in conjunction with athletics. Design a resistance training and cardiovascular exercise prescription to achieve a performance-oriented goal. Provide motivation and corrective feedback.
- Corrective Exercise Trainer – conduct health screenings and physical fitness assessments of clients who have experienced an injury and who have been medically released for independent physical activity.
At Bryan University, we give you a clear pathway to these exciting health and fitness training positions, so that you’re ready to make your next career move as soon as you graduate. Learn how we put you on the path.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.