Associate Degree in Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records
Your future job will demand top-notch skills, which is exactly what you’ll be working on throughout the Advanced Medical Billing, Coding and Electronic Health Records (AMBC) program of study. Guided by pre-eminent healthcare experts, Bryan University’s curriculum is built around what the industry needs.
Gain the Skills Employers Need
In our interactive, cutting-edge online classrooms, your courses will cover:
- Medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, pathology, and pharmacology.
- The United States healthcare system organization and delivery, including healthcare information systems.
- Components of the healthcare record; how it is created, stored, and protected.
- Translation of diagnoses, conditions, and procedures into medical codes using a variety of standard formats, including ICD, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Leadership competency to monitor personal and group productivity and make recommendations for improvements in record quality and employee performance.
Unrivaled Benefits for You
As a Bryan student, you’ll receive additional benefits:
- Membership to the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) during the latter half of your program.
- Certification preparation for the Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) exam through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- The cost for one exam attempt is included in the program tuition, in addition to all books and courseware!
Bryan University’s AMBC program was developed based on current competencies outlined by AHIMA and students fully utilize the AHIMA Virtual Lab (Vlab). This lab gives you real-world experience with industry-leading technologies and software applications that employers actually use in the workplace. Examples include:
- HealthPort ROI: learn to log and analyze release of patient information requests online.
- Cerner PowerChart: learn to navigate the electronic health record (EHR).
- 3M Coding & Reimbursement: gain familiarity with encoder software tools and ICD-9 and ICD-10 codebooks.
- Nuance Quantim Encoders: gain familiarity with encoder software tools and ICD-9 and ICD-10 codebooks, including CPT and HCPCS codebooks.
Engaging, Live Online Classes
As a Bryan student, you’ll attend live virtual classes over the internet where you can see, speak and chat with your instructors and classmates from the comfort of your home. Plus, with an exciting student-centric website, you can access homework, practice exercises and class information anytime. At Bryan, we don’t think online learning means learning alone. This is why we provide you with individual faculty and mentor support, so you experience learning with the best.
The Bryan University Difference
- Long-Standing History of Excellence.
We have a 75-year proven track record of preparing graduates for successful careers since 1940.
- Focus on Employment, Not Just a Degree.
You’ll graduate with a degree targeted for an in-demand job market and earn skills that match employers’ needs. Work with the Career Services Department to build a job network, sharpen your interview skills, and create an eye-catching resume.
- Accelerated Programs.
At Bryan University, we’ve developed a unique approach to education that allows you to complete your program in the shortest amount of time possible, while still providing the top-notch curriculum, faculty, and support to ensure your success.
- Get the Credit You Deserve.
If you apply to Bryan University with prior college credits and/or a degree, we’ll accept as many credits as possible to validate the hard work you’ve already completed.
- Learn by Doing, Not Just Lectures.
You’ll develop skills and competencies using some of the most innovative, state-of-the-art learning curriculum, tools, and resources available.
- Learn From Experts, Not Just Books.
Each faculty member has been carefully selected to ensure they have extensive industry experience. They provide caring, individualized support and mentoring.
- Connect With Others, Not Just the Internet.
Whether you’re an online or on campus student, you’ll learn collaboratively with faculty and peers to build a network of colleagues—for life.
- Return for Refresher Classes.
As a Bryan graduate, you’ll have the privilege of returning and auditing previously completed courses still being taught—at no charge—to keep your skills and confidence sharp.
A member of our student finance team will help you put together a financial plan that works for you. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.