To apply for Bryan University jobs, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job you are applying for in the Subject line of your email. Note that all positions are located at the Bryan University Tempe, Arizona location.
The Student and Faculty Solutions Specialist is responsible for helping users of our learning management system succeed by providing technical assistance, support, and virtual high fives.
- Provides tier one technical support for the learning management system, LearnBryan, and other software or applications used by students and faculty.
- Processes calls and emails from students and faculty with the goal of increasing satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots technical issues systematically.
- Escalates unresolved issues, following extensive troubleshooting and verification, to tier two support.
- Provides constant encouragement and reassurance to students and faculty in all interactions, even when escalating issues to higher levels of support.
- Maintains an “I am going to help you through this, no matter what” attitude.
- Logs all interactions with students and faculty.
- Interfaces with other departments within the organization, navigates the company's customer information systems and displays a fundamental knowledge of company, services and products.
- Place outbound calls to users with past concerns to ensure issues have been resolved to their satisfaction.
- Meets, or exceeds, established response times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Previous customer service experience that demonstrates quality of service.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Previous experience with high call volume.
- Experience following oral and written directions as they relate to the functions of the job.
- Experience problem solving technical issues
- Deep working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years customer service experience preferred
Bryan University seeks educators for our online health and fitness degree program. This position provides an opportunity to teach in an established program that is becoming a national, best-in-class distance education program for the fitness industry. We are especially interested in those who have experience as a Personal Trainer and who have previously taught curriculum in the areas of Personal Training, Exercise Science, or related field.
Bryan University Overview:
Bryan University is a recognized post-secondary educational institution that innovates and leads in student-centric higher education. We offer online instructional programs that assist our graduates to succeed and lead in their chosen career field. Our Faculty ensures that Bryan graduates are prepared with the knowledge and practical, productive skills that lead directly to high demand professional careers.
We believe student-focused, engaging and caring faculty are the heart of any great educational institution. At Bryan University we value innovative faculty who are committed to delivering quality education and propelling students to success.
- A Master's degree or higher in the field of fitness, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry and 5 years of experience teaching.
- National certification such as NASM, ACSM, or NSCA.
- A proven track record of working with students/clients and achieving successful outcomes.
- Experience as an educator in different formats (with online experience preferred, but not required).
- Strong presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- An indefatigable approach to work and responsibility, and a deep commitment to the idea of excellence in fitness education and a vision for the future of the industry.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter, to: email@example.com. Transcripts of all academic work and copies of certifications will be required for employment
Bryan University prohibits any form of discrimination in its employment and personnel practices and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age or veteran status.