To apply for Bryan University jobs, submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify the job you are applying for in the Subject line of your email. Note that all positions are located at the Bryan University Tempe, Arizona location.
Under the direction of the Dean, the Program Director assists the HIT/HIMC instructional team in providing timely and qualitative feedback to students. This position manages the program’s daily operations ensuring faculty are recruited, trained and capably teach the program curriculum. The Program Director will frequently interact with other Program Directors, the Instructional Design team, and the Student Alumni Outreach teams. The Program Director will be a resource for instructors to assist in motivating students to excel while ensuring that student’s individual learning needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all program area Instructors adhere to required administrative and classroom delivery duties and requirements as outlined in the job description for Instructor.
- Orient, monitor, supervise, mentor, and assist new instructors.
- Ensure instructors provide timely and qualitative feedback to students regarding various assignments in the curriculum.
- In coordination with the Dean, observe classes within program area and coach instructors to continually improve instructional presentation and classroom management skills.
- Teach up to two classes per session.
- Reach out to at risk students and coordinate one-on-one tutoring/coaching for students as needed
Program directors, Faculty and Staff:
- In coordination with the Dean, ensure completeness of faculty files and documentation of official transcripts, professional development, observations, and performance reviews.
- Provide input to the Dean regarding performance appraisals of department faculty members including areas of strength and recommendations for improvement and future skill set development.
- Conduct regular weekly faculty meetings. Meeting topics may include improvement of course offerings, methods of instructional delivery, selection of texts, and such other purposes which serve to improve the quality of the instructional program. Document all meetings.
- Provide leadership and support to full-time and part-time online, day, and evening instructors and supervise their instructional and program needs.
- Excellent leadership of instructors on lesson delivery and feedback to students
- Excellent communication with instructors regarding grading criteria and rubrics
- Excellent communication and feedback to faculty and Dean regarding student progress
- Participate actively in a minimum of one professional organization within the community.
- Attend faculty meetings and in-service programs. Maintain a record of professional development activities.
- Maintain current personal knowledge of federal, state, institutional regulations, and accreditation standards related to program area.
- Assist the Dean in preparation of government and accreditation reports as needed to ensure their timely submission and accuracy.
- Assist the Dean in evaluating data collected from student questionnaires and conduct faculty conferences when necessary to discuss the results and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain regular office hours each week to ensure consistency between online, day, and evening policies, procedures and instruction.
- Proficiency in Learning Management System and online instructional platforms (training provided)
- Proficiency in contacting and communicating clearly with students
- Proactive, self-motivated work ethic
- Three+ years related field experience.
- Three+ years teaching experience, preferred
- Must have RHIT or RHIA designation
- Previous educational or related supervisory experience
- Meet requirements of Instructor and capable of teaching a majority of the courses within the program area.
- Knowledge and understanding of the professional career paths and demands of the training field.
- Ability to inspire students to the highest level of achievement in preparation for meeting employer expectations.
- Ability to organize, problem solve, handle multiple tasks, and function as a team member within established school, state, federal, and accrediting agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
We believe in challenging the boundaries of traditional education and in liberating the innate greatness in people.
The Copywriter and Editor is responsible for developing and promoting copy that helps drive our external and internal brand, our recruiting efforts, and our industry partnering efforts.. The Copywriter and Editor helps enforce established communication standards. The Copywriter and Editor is also responsible for ensuring that all messages coming from Bryan University accurately represent our vision statement. This individual assists the university in achieving successful marketing campaign and strategic business placement.
- Student messaging supports and aligns to the Bryan University Mission, Core Values, and Learning Model 100% of the time.
- Employee excellence achieved through inspiring others with professionalism, effort and results-centered trust.
- Weekly updates on curriculum deliverables are reported to Director of Instructional Design.
- Timely deliverable of projects utilizing effective problem solving and creative solutions.
- Website is consistently up-to-date.
- University success stories are consistently highlighted and written with a high standard of quality.
- Press releases are carefully and accurately constructed and appropriate distributed in a timely manner.
- All promotional materials are developed with uniformity of brand identity and meet a high standard of quality.
- Interdepartmental activities are effectively coordinated with peers and associates.
- The writing/editing and marketing needs of the University departments are adequately supported.
- Maintain uniformity of brand identity thru proper copy, meeting consistent high standards of integrity.
- Identify and maximize brand-building opportunities.
- Write, edit, and update primary website copy and sub-domains.
- Write and edit press releases.
- Create copy for all external and internal communications, including direct response and marketing pieces.
- Provide design ideas and direction for collateral and other visual communications for the university.
- Build and maintain relationships with media sources.
- Maintain copy on all social media sites and tools.
- Assist with event development and execution, providing all promotional materials needed.
- Serve as a liaison between the university and industries supporting the educational mission of the university, collaborating on press releases and other promotional efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Instructional Design.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to work in a virtual environment using software technology including but not limited to Blackboard Collaborate, Blackboard IM, Moodle, LoudCloud
- Ability to sit for six to eight hours
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- 5+ years of copy writing/editing/marketing experience at the corporate level preferred
- Proven track record for being a dynamic communicator
- Excellent knowledge of AP and APA style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and WordPress
- Strong knowledge how to write copy for advertising purposes, including direct response, branding and general product marketing
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment
- Publishing and education experience a plus
Bryan University prohibits any form of discrimination in its employment and personnel practices and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, age or veteran status.